Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day! It was a splendid day...as it should be, of course. Abby set her alarm clock so she would be up early to make pancakes for me. Eric grilled turkey bacon (the best way to cook it!) and made what he calls a "fluffy drink" (hazelnut cappuccino decaf) for me. You see, Eric is a coffee purist (Dark French Roast, Guatemalan, Hawaiian Kona, etc.) and refers to my flavored decaf as a hot beverage, undeserving of the sacred word "coffee."

Abby also presented me with a wonderful poem (see above). I am thankful that it is laminated so I can have it forever...well, at least through her teenage years so I can point to it and say, "You may not remember, but not so long ago you thought I was terrific!"

After breakfast and poetry, we went to St. George's where I gave Eric and Abby the history tour of the old houses, fortifications, ancient cemetaries, and narrrow back lanes. More than once Eric had to remind Abby that "it's Mommy's Day and if she wants to spend it walking around in the hot sun looking at old stuff, that's what we'll do."

That evening, Eric and Abby surprised me with dinner out at Tom Moore's Tavern, one of Bermuda's best restaurants. The food was spectacular, starting with Tuna Sashimi and Crab/Scallop Cakes on Sweet-Sour Mango for appetizers, and ending with Chocolate Souffle, freshly poofed in the oven. The service was excellent, too. Eric wouldn't let me see the bill...which was probably wise. A Yankee in Bermuda is still a Frugal Yankee.

So, a lovely Mommy's Day and, yes, I did feel very special and appreciated indeed.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Diane Perin said...

What a lovely mother's day, and what wonderful pictures! I got all teary-eyed reading Abby's poem to you...VERY special. And yes, DO bring it out during the teenage years! Glad you had such a lovely day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home